[meteorite-list] Help with Gold Basin locations

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:26 2004

Allen Emer wrote:

> My thirteen yr old son and I have just recently
> started studying and collecting meteorites.

Hi Al and Sean,

Welcome to the fascinating world of meteorites, welcome to "our" List.
With regard to Gold Basin, Ingrid (Twink) Monrad and Jim Kriegh (both
Tucson residents), John Blennert and some others, are the most
knowledgeable people - Gold Basin has become a second home to them
and their advice and their assistance will surely help you get started
there without running into avoidable problems as some of the area is
also in private hands.

As for scientific information, there is Dr. David Kring (UoA) who has
published several competent papers and scientific articles about the GB
meteorites. One of these articles that will be very helpful for your
plans is:

KRING D.A. et al. (2001) Gold Basin Meteorite Strewn Field, Mojave
Desert, Northwestern Arizona: Relict of a Small Late Pleistocene
Impact Event (MAPS 36-8, 2001, pp. 1057-1066).

I can't attach it to this email because it would "waste too much
bandwidth" (which is forbidden) as it comprises almost 1MB.

Best wishes,

Bernd