[meteorite-list] "As the Eagle Butte turns"

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:25 2004

hello all

Well well....is the time this person pay the emails
sent to me and the false material sent to others.
Perhaps the kind mrs. has put my address email in the
block, has fear of several things. It would be but to
hold of eye if it still puts in sale pieces of these
slags, why then it would be the case that Ebay enters
in game.
Regards

matteo

--- magellon_at_earthlink.net wrote:
> All,
> I received this email from a new meteorite collector
> who gave me permission to share it with you:
>
> "To:
> magellon_at_earthlink.net
>
> Hi, I liked your info on Meteorwrongs . Very
> interesting. I did purchase
> two small and very interesting Eagle Buttes for a
> total of $20. These are
> without any doubt slag. When I contacted the seller
> he put up a huge fuss
> saying that they are indeed meteorites and I was
> wrong. I pushed for a
> refund and he told me he would refund minus shipping
> and that they better be
> exactly as he shipped them or a refund would be
> denied. He said he has very
> detailed photos of each piece 'for insurance
> purposes'. I am certain he
> will not be refunding my money because they will
> mysteriously show up
> damaged even though they are well packaged. I
> checked his feedback and
> several people have bought these. The way he has
> them pictured on his
> auction made it difficult to see the foam and air
> bubbles which would make
> anyone suspicious. You can thank guys like these
> for turning away new
> collectors.
> "collector from TX". (name removed by request)"
>
> Well at least there are no more listings of EB's on
> eBay! Congrats to IMCA members and others who
> spoke up.
> Best,
> Ken Newton

=====