[meteorite-list] On a scale of ....

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:21 2004

Dear list newbies,
If you are on a limited meteorite budget and desire a scale that is
reasonably accurate, go to your local gun supplies store. RCBS
reloading scales weigh up to 32 grams ( I know meteorites come in larger
sizes than this but on a limited budget, they all tend to be smaller
specks). My model 5-10 is quite accurate, within a tenth of a grain
(about 1/150th. of a gram). I weigh gemstones and gold with mine and it
works very well with the calculator to convert grains to what ever.
I have typed up a conversion scale of grains to grams, carats, troy
ounces, and a few others and always seem to have my act together on
weighing all sorts of mineralogical and gemmy goodies.
Scale was $20 when I bought mine years ago. Probably still the same
price. Try a pawn shop for a good used model for even less.

Even works for reloading,
Regards,
Lefty,
Dave F.