[meteorite-list] Meteoroids hitting man-made satellites

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:36 2004

Hi John,

A meteoroid (or a piece of man-made space debris -- probably no way to
know which) severed the tether on one of the early LEO satellite
tether experiments. (I can dig up the name if you're interested).
One other satellite, whose name escapes me at the moment, was also
hit and disabled -- sometime in the last 10 years. I'll check through
my archives to see if I can find the names of these two sats. --Rob