[meteorite-list] APOLOGY

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:35 2004

Dear Steve, and List;

Oh Geeze! I can't hold it back any longer.....

I am one to talk, as for a number of years I had to add my two cents to
everything posted to the list.
Then, I went through the phase of "meteorites are great and so am I
(well not really)." Mmm...I did not self proclaim myself "The
Collector" though; I seemed to have had a little more mental balance
than that. List membership probably deleted many of my senseless posts
I bet.

There are many, many more that are more deserving of being called THE
Collector (and we already had one of those too). Self proclamation
seems to relate to a weak self esteem during childhood.

I see so many list posts by some as "blah, blah, blah", yet I refuse to
put on filters against any list members I guess because I feel that one
grain of wit or wisdom dwells within all of us...even me.

Maybe those with the overwhelming urge to "blah, blah, blah" should go
seek out a chat room, my finger is tired of the delete button.

Meeting the Gods of meteorite collectors in Tucson this year was indeed
a spiritual experience and should be on all list members achievement
page BUT, please do not tell anyone who you are as one may get a
specifically catered heaping plate full of Blah, Blah, Blah...and an
extremely large portion of humble pie.

The Great WYOMING Collector (not!)...or...All Blah-ed out,