[meteorite-list] Wyoming meteorites?

From: TektiteDawg_at_aol.com <TektiteDawg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:34 2004

Martin-

       The SD School of Mines museum has a slice (if not the whole specimen)
of each meteorite that has fallen/been found in South Dakota/Black Hills area
(all 13 meteorites). The tin roof that you saw was damaged by the
Centerville (McMurchie) meteorite which fell on February 29, 1956 (the only
leap day meteorite known???).
       As a side note...hopfully not putting you through too much
trouble...how many meteorites are from Louisiana. I know of the Atlanta, and
that's it. Any chance you could get me the info on this? This would be the
last request, I promise.

Randy in N.O.