[meteorite-list] Happy Birthday Portales Valley!

From: Michael Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:33 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C21317.2AC00CC0

I want to share my joy of Portales, and wish it happy birthday today. I =
can't believe that it has already been 5 years since the fall. I =
remember every part of my month in Portales like it was yesterday. All =
those days of hunting in 110 to 115 degree temps, dead cows everywhere, =
people running around in circles hunting everywhere. There were many of =
us there, Bob Haag, Michael Cottingham, Shaw bros. Skip Wilson of course =
who lives there and is single handedly responsible for more US meteorite =
finds than anyone else!
We all had alot of fun and a meteorite with no equal came onto the =
market and into scientific hands without ever weathering! It was truly =
one of the most important meteorite falls of this century.=20
Now we await the next fall................

I just posted a page honoring Portales on my website, under my =
collection page. It is a piece that I found myself, just when I had =
given up hope and was walking without searching, I almost stepped on it. =

go to=20
http://www.meteoritehunter.com and check it out. I have also updatred my =
website alot and added many new collection pieces.=20
Thanks=20
Mike Farmer

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C21317.2AC00CC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I want to share my joy of Portales, and =
wish it=20
happy birthday today. I can't believe that it has already been 5 years =
since the=20
fall. I remember every part of my month in Portales like it was =
yesterday. All=20
those days of hunting in 110 to 115 degree temps, dead cows everywhere, =
people=20
running around in circles hunting everywhere. There were many of us =
there, Bob=20
Haag, Michael Cottingham, Shaw bros. Skip Wilson of course who lives =
there and=20
is single handedly responsible for more US meteorite finds than anyone=20
else!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We all had alot of fun and a meteorite =
with no=20
equal came onto the market and into scientific hands without ever =
weathering! It=20
was truly one of the most important meteorite falls of this century.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Now we await the next=20
fall................</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just posted a page honoring Portales =
on my=20
website, under my collection page. It is a piece that I found myself, =
just when=20
I had given up hope and was walking without searching, I almost stepped =
on it.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>go to </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.meteoritehunter.com">http://www.meteoritehunter.com</A=
> and=20
check it out. I have also updatred my website alot and added many new =
collection=20
pieces. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike Farmer</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C21317.2AC00CC0--