[meteorite-list] Dealers selling Portales

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:33 2004

Hi Steve, Mike and List,

> Portales is one of those meteorites that simply pleases the senses.
> Everyone wanted it, and to get it now is quite hard. You might have
> some difficulty in acquiring a piece.

Eric Twelker has three partslices in the 6-12 gram range, $5/gram,
for sale on his website. However, these do not have the metal-rich
veins through them:

<http://www.alaska.net/~meteor/POR.htm>

Michael Blood has a number of slices for sale of the high-metal
variety at about $35/gram:

<http://www.meteorite.com/Michael_Blood/catalog.htm>

Rob Elliott has a slice of the metal-poor variety, $15/g:

<http://fernlea.tripod.com/sale4.html>

And I believe the Hupes were offering one or two metal-rich slices
on eBay not that long ago.

Best,
Rob