[meteorite-list] OT: solar eclipse

From: Mike Reynolds <MReynolds_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:33 2004

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2131E.7F9D9F65

All:

We have just returned from Mexico. We were near the "center line" just south
of Puerto Vallarta. After fording a river, dealing with a rattlesnake, and
winds that were whipping up sand, we "gringos" set up on the beach for what
looked like a dismal afternoon of clouds.

There was no sign of the sun at all. Until--would you believe just around
mid-eclipse--out from the cloud layer slips this spectacular red-orange
ring! Beads were also visible during the minute or so. Then with no fanfare,
the ring slipped back into the clouds. The flock of pink flamingos flying
over before central eclipse should have been "the sign."

And yes... photos of the annular eclipse will be short in coming (I just
dropped my film off today, but have already seen one from our group of
"gringos" and need permission to post it!).

Keep Looking Up,

Mike Reynolds

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2131E.7F9D9F65

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<P><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>All:</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2><SPAN
class=299300721-13062002>We&nbsp;have </SPAN>just returned from Mexico. We were
near the "center line" just south of Puerto Vallarta. After fording a river,
dealing with a rattlesnake, and winds that were whipping up sand, we "gringos"
set up on the beach for what looked like a dismal afternoon of
clouds.</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>There was no sign of the sun at all.
Until--would you believe just around mid-eclipse--out from the cloud layer slips
this spectacular red-orange ring! Beads were also visible during the minute or
so. Then with no fanfare, the ring slipped back into the clouds. The flock of
pink flamingos flying over before central eclipse should have been "the
sign."</FONT><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>And yes... photos of the annular
eclipse will be short in coming (I just dropped my film off today, but have
already seen one from our group of "gringos" and need permission to post
it!).</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>Keep Looking Up,</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>Mike
Reynolds</FONT></P></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2131E.7F9D9F65--