[meteorite-list] Smoked Glass/black polymer filters

From: Bob King <lakewind_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:32 2004

I'd stay away from smoked glass and stick to the recommended #14
welders glass or a set of cardboard glasses with mylar filters or the
black polymer filters. In my opinion the black polymer material gives the
best views hands down. I used mine for the eclipse this evening and the
images are perfectly sharp with a nice orange sun against a pure black
background. Check out these websites:
www.rainbowsymphony.com/soleclipse.html and
www.thousandoaksoptical.com/viewers.html for purchase.
There's plenty of time to stock up as the next solar eclipse visible from
the mainland U.S. will be on April 8, 2005 ;-)
Bob King