[meteorite-list] Using the MetCat on a Mac

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:32 2004

Hello All,

I have been using the MetCat on my Macintosh Computer since the Catalogue
was published, and it works flawlessly. Of course I have to use Virtual PC
with Win98 SE to do it. I can build and export databases of meteorite
information and then open and use them on the Mac side in Excel (which is of
course, all on the same computer).

The only slowdowns I notice are when I am doing other things while VPC is
grinding through a query and I am doing other things on the Mac side.

I thought I would post this since I know there are many Mac users on this
list including the person highlighted in the latest
http://www.meteoritetimes.com Meteorite Person article. The powerful
catalogue CD will provide many hours of data snooping when looking for that
single earth-shaking connection that will explain the universe!

Cheers,

Martin