[meteorite-list] portales

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:31 2004

Dear Rhett, Harlan, and List;
My portales story is...the neatest piece that I saw was half buried in a
living chunk of asphalt! And I always wondered if it was sawn out first
and permission granted second or was it guarded until saws and a plan
were gathered. This was a most amazing effort at specimen collecting
in the least.

My second portales story, my work associate has a brother that lives
there and they are all now meteorite hunters.
Long Live portales and we need a few more events just like that one!
Best,
Dave F.