[meteorite-list] Odessa Crater Site Finally Getting Respect It Deserves

From: John Gwilliam <jkg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:30 2004

This is great news...and it's long past due.

Over the past five years, I have stopped and visited the crater several
times when traveling through that part of Texas. The area surrounding the
crater is quite literally, a garbage dump. Needless to say, it was a
depressing thing to witness firsthand. Most of the locals I talked to when
asking for directions to the crater weren't even aware there was a crater
nearby. Hopefully all that will change now.

John