[meteorite-list] Computer Hacking/Dog photos

From: MARSROX_at_aol.com <MARSROX_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:11 2004

We've finally had high speed Internet made available to our neighborhood,
courtesy of Comcast Cable. For the moment we're keeping our AOL service,
although we'll downgrade to the $14.95/mo. "bring your own connection" since
we like "AOL Anywhere" when we travel (and don't like Hotmail).

Within hours of connecting, our firewall began detecting, blocking and
reporting hourly hits by hackers. The addresses were from all over the world.
One hacker was even able to delete/turn off our firewall although apparently
nothing else was achieved. We re-installed it and haven't had that problem
since.

We have a "D-Link DI-604" Router. When I bought it specifically for the
firewall protection (at Best Buy) I noticed that none of the brands available
gave any technical descriptions for their firewalls. Are all firewalls
equal? A few people told us that software installed firewalls weren't
effective, hence the hardware install.

I'm wondering if this hacking is common to all who enjoy high-speed Internet?

Meteoritically speaking........for those (Rosie) looking to purchase a "photo
of the Nakhla/"Dakhla(?)" Dog"..... I've got a canal on Mars to sell ya.

Kevin Kichinka
Fort Myers, Florida