[meteorite-list] mass extinction

From: James knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:11 2004

Hello List,
  I have been getting e-mails from the list on two different subjects; 26
million year mass extinctions and the sun actually being made of iron. I
wonder if these two subjects are related. We all know that the sun has
cycles. I am curious if the sun has a cycle every 26 million years that
could be hurtling catastrophic sized hunks of iron on a collision course
with earth? Could solar flares be the source of our iron meteorites? Could
anyone in the list tell me if they think there is any logic to this theory
of mine? I would appreciate any feedback. Tom