[meteorite-list] sieve analysis of chondrites

From: Fred Olsen <debfred_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:10 2004

Hello List,
I was sitting here pondering a plastic bag containing some pieces of the
Saratov meteorite. I noted the loose chondrules that have fallen out of
this friable meteorite and was wondering if anyone has done any sieve
analysis on any chondritic meteorites? I think it would be interesting to
see a size distribution and weight percentage for the chondrules. You could
also then do a mineralogical study on the make up of the chondrules.
Does any know of any studies like these? Regards, Fred Olsen