[meteorite-list] (no subject)

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:07 2004

Hey Jeff!!

Great job. I'm very impressed.

Your web page is prominantly bookmarked on my browser
for ready access. It will be very handy.

Bob V.

P.S. - You even have Lucerne Valley 013 as an "L5-6"
which reflects it's "undecided" classification, which
is a result of the Met. Bull. editors unfortunate use
of the word "classification" instead of
"reclassified". I believe the latter entry (L5) was
intended to supercede the former entry (L6) for LV
013. This is the entry in Met. Bull. 85:

"Lucerne Valley 013, classification
Lucerne Valley (LV) 013 has now been classified by A.
Rubin (UCLA) as L5, shock stage S2, weathering grade
W3. LV 013 is probably paired with LV 014 and LV 016."

-------------------
[meteorite-list] New complete on-line listing of
Meteorites.

Jeff Kuyken jeff_at_meteoritesaustralia.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 04:02:59 +1000

G'day List,

After many, many, many hours and much frustration I
have finally completed a list of all meteorites
arranged by classification and put it on my website.
It is simply the names of meteorites by their
classification and in alphabetical order. I have
omitted some Antarctic meteorites, however there
are probably a couple of thousand desert meteorites
(eg. NWA, DAG, Dho etc).
I have endeavoured to make the list as complete and
accurate as possible however if anyone finds a
mistake, (double-up, wrong class, etc) please let me
know. I have found it very useful for my own personal
use and I hope others will get just as much use.

Thanks,

Jeff Kuyken
I.M.C.A. #3085
www.meteoritesaustralia.com