[meteorite-list] Meteorite Question

From: Rhett Bourland <rbourlan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:06 2004

Hello Bernd and list,
Glad to see that my question has drawn some discussion and especially happy
to see Bernd answered.
I'm not suprised to see wide ranges of fayalite within type 3 chondrites as
those have not been homogenized and it would actually be expected that some
rather extreme values listed. The one meteorite you mentioned that got my
attention were the ones that are a type 4 or above. I'm wondering if you
have any other information on the pyroxene and metal values of some of
these.
Thanks,
Rhett Bourland
www.asteroidmodels.com