[meteorite-list] [OT] Greetings from New York, July 4, 2002

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:05 2004

Dear Listees:

Hello from the banks of the Hudson River, on July 4, 2002!

It is 99 degrees; helicopters are patrolling over New York City;
2,000 National Guard troops are on the streets; the summer flowers
are blooming; and flags are flying. A poll says "9 out of 10
Americans have not altered their plans for July 4 celebrations,"
despite terror warnings from the White House.

Sitting here, about 1 1/2 miles due west from the site of the former
World Trade Center -- on this our 226 th Independence Day, and the
first following the destruction of the Trade Center -- I send
greetings to our friends and colleagues around the world who have
shown the USA so much support and compassion since September 11.

Here's a view from the front of my house, this morning:

http://www.notkin.net/temp/july-4.htm

Also, a special hello -- and condolences -- to our friends in
Colorado and Arizona who have suffered so much loss over the last two
weeks.

Regards to all,

Geoff Notkin