[meteorite-list] Fire, My house

From: Michael Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:04 2004

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C22130.24CC22A0

Once again here is some fire information about the Rodeo fire in =
Arizona.=20
The link below is a CNN article posted today, the photo is the remains =
of my family home in Pinedale. I did an interview with Mattingly =
yesterday, but do not know if it aired on CNN yet.=20
http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/01/mattingly.otsc/index.html

I grew up from 1985 to 1991 in the town of Pinedale Arizona. Tiny town, =
only about 200 people. A little larger now, but not much. I loved it =
there, and have many fond memories of that house. It was one of the =
first homes to burn in the fire when it overran the town on Thursday =
June 20. I was in Europe with Jim Strope and when I got the news about =
the fire, I was going crazy for the rest of the trip. Many of my friends =
have been burned out. I took my sister Kim out there yesterday and she =
was crying most of the time. It used to be beautiful green forest, =
Ponderosa Pines, the largest stand of this tree in the world, stretching =
from west of Flagstaff into New Mexico. Now in the area that fir burned, =
(Almost the same size as the entire state of Rhode Island), there is =
mostly burned twigs, moonscape we call it, black and white ash. Little =
else remains.=20
I toured a place called Timberland Acres this morning, I was one of the =
first people in there. It is a large area of mountains and roads with =
homes scattered all about, now looks like a horror movie after a Nuclear =
bomb blast, few trees, mostly rubble piles that used to be homes. Large =
homes.=20
I knew the area like the back of my hand, now with everything burned, I =
could hardly find my way around.=20
    My sister is fine, scared for a week, but ok, but so much destroyed, =
the road from Show Low to Forest Lakes is 50 miles, ALL of it burned, 5 =
towns in between partly or mostly burned.=20

Mike Farmer

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C22130.24CC22A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Once again here is some fire =
information about the=20
Rodeo fire in Arizona. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The link below is a CNN article posted =
today, the=20
photo is the remains of my family home in Pinedale. I did an interview =
with=20
Mattingly yesterday, but do not know if it aired on CNN yet. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/01/mattingly.otsc/index.html">http:=
//www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/01/mattingly.otsc/index.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I grew up from 1985 to 1991 in the town =
of Pinedale=20
Arizona. Tiny town, only about 200 people. A little larger now, but not=20
much.&nbsp; I loved it there, and have many fond memories of that house. =
It was=20
one of the first homes to burn in the fire when it overran the town on =
Thursday=20
June 20. I was in Europe with Jim Strope and when I got the news about =
the fire,=20
I was going crazy for the rest of the trip. Many of my friends have been =
burned=20
out. I took my sister Kim out there yesterday and she was crying most of =
the=20
time. It used to be beautiful green forest, Ponderosa Pines, the largest =
stand=20
of this tree in the world, stretching from west of Flagstaff into New =
Mexico.=20
Now in the area that fir burned, (Almost the same size as the entire =
state of=20
Rhode Island), there is mostly burned twigs, moonscape we call it, black =
and=20
white ash. Little else remains. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I toured a place called Timberland =
Acres this=20
morning, I was one of the first people in there. It is a large area of =
mountains=20
and roads with homes scattered all about, now looks like a horror movie =
after a=20
Nuclear bomb blast, few trees, mostly rubble piles that used to be =
homes. Large=20
homes. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I knew the area like the back of my =
hand, now with=20
everything burned, I could hardly find my way around. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My sister is fine, =
scared for a=20
week, but ok, but so much destroyed, the road from Show Low to Forest =
Lakes is=20
50 miles, ALL of it burned, 5 towns in between partly or mostly burned.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike Farmer</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C22130.24CC22A0--