[meteorite-list] (no subject)

From: FERNLEA4_at_aol.com <FERNLEA4_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:56 2004

Hi folks,
I quite often receive emails and phone calls from people who are looking to
buy a one-off meteorite for reasons other than building up a collection. Some
of the proposed uses have been pretty weird and often unworkable, but the one
that sticks in my mind the most was about 3 years ago from a lady in England
you wanted to buy "a meteorite....any kind of small meteorite that I can heat
up in a flame and use to burn through paper".
I had to find out more, so I asked her what her plans were. Apparently, she
wanted to take a map of London, heat up a small iron meteorite and place it
on the site of London's Millenium Dome. I asked her if she was an artist and
expected some kind of artistic reply, but she just said "Nope......I just
don't like the Millenium Dome and it's concept".
Okaaaay!!! I made a small sale and that was the end of it I thought. Until I
saw this....... http://www.multiplestore.org/docs/parker.html

It sounds crazy, but I notice that the "limited edition" has all sold out,
and if the price of the meteorite map on eBay is anything to go by, she's
done pretty well too.

Curiouser and curiouser!

Cheers,
Rob E.