[meteorite-list] List Policies

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:55 2004

I would like to apologize to list members for my part in this senseless
round of mud slinging. Yes even you farmer. Nobody should get exposed to
this crap. Everybody has a right to be in the desert so everybody should
live with it. Nobody is going to get the desert all to themselves. This will
be my last email on this topic no matter what farmer or anybody else tries
to bring up or says. I have better things to do. Many dealers do slimy
things in Morocco. Some feel that my own efforts at selling meteorites that
we only know came from somewhere in the Sahara or Arabian deserts and fall
under the catagory of "NWAs" is slimy. To each his own.
Before I sign off this topic though I would like to point out that I never
started this. I went to Morocco, took some photos and related the story
about the CR2 strewnfield and other meteorites as I found it. I beleive my
information to be accurate and unless I get more information I will still
beleive that my details are true. All of the locals knew that I was there
and I was the only one there buying meteorites at the time that I was in
morocco. It would be inconsievable that some local would not try to sell me
their meteorites last week. The strewnfield is rocky as somebody mentioned
but the CR2 is quite distinguishable from the other rocks and with such a
sheer number of people searching I cant imagine more being found in that
strewnfield (In any great numbers anyway). Especially with metal detectors
being extensively used. I guess that I could be wrong and if farmer or
anybody else has information to refute this I would love to be the first to
know.
But I then sold my CR2 at a price that I thought gives the nomads, locals,
my partners, and myself a fair profit while at the same time providing my
customers with a killer deal on a rare meteorite. Farmer didnt like the low
priice that I was selling it at and then made vicious and unprovoked attacks
against me. How could I not respond? I had to even though I wish that people
wouldent carry on with this stupid mudslinging.
But I wont respond anymore. I am not proud of my part in this round of
emails and wont partake anymore.
So Farmer, lets kiss and make up? We can drink margaratas (con fresa) in
Tucson to sooth over the egos.
I dont want to play anymore. I am going to drink a beer and go to bed.
Cheers
DEAN