[meteorite-list] ME08...

From: magellon_at_earthlink.net <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:55 2004

--------------49B996C49D984834781BFD15

Vincent, All,
What a coincidence, after carefully studying the pict. for
19 days, I was just going to write and say," I think it IS A METEORITE!"

 http://users.skynet.be/meteorite.be/keskeME08.html
( I was, too)
K. Newton

vincent jacques wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm posted 3 weeks ago some photos with a black stone found in south
> of Sahara during a travel. I'm received more than 70 responses. I
> thank you for your ideas!!
>
> For 70 % of people (numerous dealers and collectors), this black
> stone isn't meteorite. What's? Ventifact was the major idea. Also
> Jade and Dorite was very interesting ideas. Thank you for your
> numerous photos of meteorite-wrong. One dealer wish purchase it...
> "just for the nice aspect of this meteorite wrong"...mc
>
> Ok, 20% of people don't say what's it. I'm observed that the majority
> of desert hunters don't say that's or that's not meteorite: just
> interesting stone.
>
> And 10% people ( mainly collectors) think that's a meteorite. From
> very old chondrite to... lunar... It's crazy... 100% of
> collectors and dealers of meteorites are in doubt. (also me during 2
> months).
>
> I'm received today a preliminary study based on the oxygen:
> ME08 IS A METEORITE !!!!!!!! I'm my own idea about the
> possible class. Sorry Bernd, it's not a lunar :-) , it's not a
> chondrite, not martian, and it's not ureilite. It's other known type.
>
> I don't say more information, and prefer wait next results....
>
> Best regards, Vincent

--------------49B996C49D984834781BFD15

Vincent, All,
in south of Sahara during a travel.&nbsp; I'm received more than 70 responses.
I thank you for your ideas!!
stone isn't&nbsp; meteorite.&nbsp; What's?&nbsp; Ventifact was the major
idea.&nbsp; Also Jade and Dorite was very interesting&nbsp; ideas.&nbsp;
Thank you for your numerous photos of meteorite-wrong.&nbsp; One dealer
wish purchase it... "just for the nice aspect of this meteorite wrong"...mc
of desert hunters don't say that's or that's not meteorite: just interesting
stone.
>From very old chondrite to...&nbsp;&nbsp; lunar...&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It's
crazy... 100% of collectors and dealers&nbsp; of meteorites are in doubt.&nbsp;
(also me during 2 months).
ME08&nbsp;&nbsp; IS A METEORITE !!!!!!!!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
I'm my own idea about the possible class. Sorry Bernd, it's not a lunar
:-) , it's not a chondrite, not martian, and it's not ureilite.&nbsp; It's
other known type.

<hr>T&eacute;l&eacute;chargez MSN Explorer gratuitement &agrave; l'adresse