[meteorite-list] Nakhla: The Never-Ending-Story

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:51 2004

Anne quoted Alain Carion:

> "I have tried to find the exact impact site but some 50 cm
> of the top-soil has been removed in that area to be spread
> on the desert and fertilize it".

AL responded:

> Dog Gone :-)

Hello Anne, Alain, AL, and Naklhloids,

Why not "dog" the N-dog - dead or alive, in bits pieces or in pieces?
OK. Enough kidding. If the fertile upper part of the Nakhla soil was
removed (xxx years ago), there should or might be someone who
knows where exactly this topsoil was spread. Maybe something is
left, i.e. bits and pieces (more or less weathered). It's worth a try,
I'd say.

Best Saturday
morning wishes,

Bernd