[meteorite-list] Evidence of sedimentary activity in SNCs

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:51 2004

Bruno et Carine ont écrit:

> A paper will be published next week in EPSL on NWA 817 aqueous alteration .
> That Nakhlite contains an homogenous clay called smectite ... This alteration
> did occur on planet Mars, ...

See also:

GILLET PH. et al. (2001) Aqueous alteration in the NWA 817
Martian meteorite (MAPS 36-9, 2001, A066):

"... we suggest that the alteration products observed in the NWA 817
nakhlite, the apparent absence of carbonates and the negative deltaD
values can be explained by the percolation through the rock of a fluid
originating from the martian mantle".

Best regards,

Bernd