[meteorite-list] eBay and Tucson auctions!!

From: Mark Bostick <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:51 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C1A4D7.AF5FCE60

Hello All,

Just a note that I have my last round of auctions on eBay before the =
Tuscon shows going now. I have many meteorites listed, including =
Governador Valadares, Karoonda, a 500+ gram Gibeon slice I started at =
$.01, a nice 400+ gram Odessa for only $99.99, meteorite books and more. =
  To take a peek follow this uhl...

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=3Dthebig=
collector_at_msn.com&sort=3D3&page=3D7&rows=3D25&since=3D1
I also have many items in Blood's meteorite auction in Tucson. One of =
the thing I believe has been unseen in the meteorite world is a 1925 =
Nininger College yearbook. Nininger has one photo featured twice in the =
book. Once in the Administration section (Page nineteen) where it =
notes"HARVERY HARLOW NININGER, A.M. A.B., 1914 (McPherson College): =
A.M., 1916 (Pomona College): Graduate student University of California, =
summer 1918. Professor of Biology and Curator or the Museum."

Then on "Page one hundred three", The Academy of Science page, Where the =
photo of Nininger is features again with "PROF. NININGER State =
President" Write up talks about Kansas Academy of Science meeting. The =
Kansas Academy of Science it explains is "an organization of the =
prominent scientists of the state and holds annual meetings at various =
places in the state which are decided at each session"

>From the book "Nininger presented four masterpieces to the convention. =
His address as president of the organization was on the sudject of =
"Observations On Meteories with Special Reference to Kansas."

I recently went to McPherson college and tried without success to find =
any more yearbooks around the Nininger era. The museum, once curated by =
Nininger has a couple meteorites in its collection but not much. It was =
a little sad I guess.....

Also the first time offered for sale ever....will be the Main Mass of =
NWA001. Like them or love them, you have to agree this meteorite is =
"historic". =20

Anyway...I look foward to seeing you in Tuscon. A little over a week for =
me! Its getting exciting...

Mark Bostick "The Big Collector"

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C1A4D7.AF5FCE60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Just a note that&nbsp;I have my last =
round of=20
auctions on eBay before the Tuscon shows going now.&nbsp; I have many =
meteorites=20
listed, including Governador Valadares, Karoonda, a 500+ gram Gibeon =
slice I=20
started at $.01, a nice 400+ gram Odessa for only $99.99, meteorite =
books and=20
more.&nbsp;&nbsp; To take a peek follow this uhl...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&amp;use=
rid=3Dthebigcollector_at_msn.com&amp;sort=3D3&amp;page=3D7&amp;rows=3D25&amp=
;since=3D1">http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&amp=
;userid=3Dthebigcollector_at_msn.com&amp;sort=3D3&amp;page=3D7&amp;rows=3D25=
&amp;since=3D1</A></FONT></DIV><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT size=3D2>
<P>I also have many items in Blood's meteorite auction in Tucson.&nbsp; =
One of=20
the thing I believe has been unseen in the meteorite world is a=20
1925&nbsp;Nininger College yearbook. Nininger has one photo featured =
twice in=20
the book. Once in the Administration section (Page nineteen) where it=20
notes"HARVERY HARLOW NININGER, A.M. A.B., 1914 (McPherson College): =
A.M., 1916=20
(Pomona College): Graduate student University of California, summer =
1918.=20
Professor of Biology and Curator or the Museum."</P>
<P>Then on "Page one hundred three", The Academy of Science page, Where =
the=20
photo of Nininger is features again with "PROF. NININGER State =
President" Write=20
up talks about Kansas Academy of Science meeting. The Kansas Academy of =
Science=20
it explains is "an organization of the prominent scientists of the state =
and=20
holds annual meetings at various places in the state which are decided =
at each=20
session"</P>
<P>From the book "Nininger presented four masterpieces to the =
convention. His=20
address as president of the organization was on the sudject of =
"Observations On=20
Meteories with Special Reference to Kansas."</P>
<P>I recently went to McPherson college and tried without success to =
find any=20
more yearbooks around the Nininger era.&nbsp; The museum, once curated =
by=20
Nininger has a couple meteorites in its collection but not much.&nbsp; =
It was a=20
little sad I guess.....</P>
<P>Also the first time offered for sale ever....will be the Main Mass of =

NWA001.&nbsp; Like them or love them, you have to agree this meteorite =
is=20
"historic".&nbsp; </P>
<P>Anyway...I look foward to seeing you in Tuscon. A little over a week =
for=20
me!&nbsp; Its getting exciting...</P>
<P>Mark Bostick "The Big Collector"</P></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C1A4D7.AF5FCE60--