[meteorite-list] ad: Norton's book, Tucson Auction

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:49 2004

 Hello all,
    O. Richard Norton=B9s new book, The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Meteorites,
will be officially available at the end of March. The book is beautiful and
very comprehensive with lots of thin section photos, all in color!
Unfortunately, that is well AFTER the Tucson Show.
    HOWEVER, Richard will be at my meteorite auction to sell the hardback
edition of Rocks From Space, 2nd edition. There are only a few hundred
hardback books left of the original 1,000 printed. The publisher is
retailing the book at $55.00 per
copy. At my auction, Richard will offer this book =B3at a more reasonable
$35.00.=B2 This is only $3.00 above the paperback price! Get it at my auction=
,
directly from the author, and get him to affix his signature, of course.
Incidentally, Amazon.com is currently selling the book for $55.00 with no
discount!=20
    I finally have begun receiving JPGs of meteorites for the Fri, Feb. 8
meteorite auction - I am having weird email adjustments for a few days with
my cable provider, so, you will need to click on the proper =B3album.=B2 See
some striking specimens and interesting books already posted. I have anothe=
25 or so images to post in another album within the next 36 hrs after
light/contrast and wording inserts in Photoshop.
     The nest batch includes some VERY rare books with no minimum, such as
Nininger=B9s =B3Shapes, Pt2=B2 and a couple of Nininger college year books from
the =8C20s! and some killer material, including Odessa irons with no minimum
and an 80+g Ochansk at $400 minimum. Check out what is already up at:

ALL albums
http://www.ofoto.com/AlbumMenu.jsp?UV=3D684824413609_30208571303&US=3D0

    Meteoritic purists will be relieved to hear there will be no fossils,
space debris or other items in the meteorite auction - instead, check the
Fossil Auction album at the same, above site. This will be a perfect auctio=
for those of us that flirt with fossils, as well as the hard core collector=
- that auction is Sunday evening, Feb 10, same location.
    Both auctions have NO BUYER=B9S PREMIUM - hammer price is the total cost.
(except for credit card purchases).
    Please contact me to have JPGs of YOUR offerings put up now.
   =20

=20
=20