[meteorite-list] Brenham

From: John Gwilliam <jkgdiver_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:48 2004

Mark and List,
Part of the Brahin strewn field does indeed overlap with the Chernobal
nuclear accident site, according to my good friend Ivan Koutyrev.

While talking about meteorite hunting one night, Ivan told me and my half
brother John Blennert, that he saw several four foot tall rabbits in the
Brahin area. I think the radio activity might have affected the wildlife,
but I doubt it caused any problems with the pallasite.

Cheers,

John

At 05:05 PM 1/18/02 -0600, MARK BOSTICK wrote:
>I was told by someone I wont mention that the nuclear accident was
>somewhat close to the find spot and this is the reason. I dont think I
>believe that but figured I would share it.

John Gwilliam Meteorites
PO Box 26854
Tempe AZ 85285
http://www.meteoriteimpact.com