[meteorite-list] CR2 prices ruin......

From: Jim <Jim_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:47 2004

Gotta disagree on this one. For example the recent Shergotite finds in the
Sahara have forced down even the price of Zagami (remember the recent sale
on ebay at $145- per gram). And Zagami is a fresh witnessed fall!!!

The fall in prices of some rare types of meteorites is especially true of
"type" collectors. Why not take advantage of the lower prices if you are
just wanting to fill a hole in your type collection.

Also, if you want a piece of the moon your only choice is from the Sahara
(with the limited exception of Calcalong Creek
http://208.55.105.193/calcalong.htm ). Other rare types have greatly
benefited from the recent goldrush in meteorites like the "R" chondrites.
It was only a very short while ago when you had to sell your first born to
buy Rumuriti.

I feel very safe in predicting that like all "goldrushes" in the past, this
one two will be over before you know it. Then we can all sit around and say
" I remember when you could buy XYZ meteorite for .......... Ah the good
old days !!!"

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street
Glen Dale, WV 26038