[meteorite-list] GPS

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:47 2004

[meteorite-list] Want AD: Still Looking to buy a
2nd-hand Garmin 12 GPS unit

Robert Verish bolidechaser_at_yahoo.com
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:22:53 -0800 (PST)

Hello List,

I'm looking to buy a 2nd-hand Garmin 12 GPS unit.
I only need it to transfer files from one Garmin 12 to
another while "in the field", just with a cable and
without the need of a personal computer. I already
have 2 Garmin eTrex units but they don't have this
capability that the Garmin 12's have (of being able to
transfer files from GPS-to-GPS without the need of a
PC).
I'm very disappointed that the eTrex software doesn't
support this function. I don't want to have to lug a
laptop to Gold Basin, should I want to exchange
waypoint files with any of our fellow meteorite
hunters. (Luckily, most of them are using Garmin
12's.)

I've already tried going the eBay route, but the last
seller had to take back the GPS unit because it
wouldn't work. Just a minor fiasco, but a huge waste
of time.

I guess that's why I'd rather deal with fellow
Listees, this time around.

Bob V.

*********************************
  Robert Verish