[meteorite-list] Astronomers Survey Sky For Big Asteroids

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:46 2004

Dear Survey says:
If no people have ever been killed from an impact then.....isn't it all
just a guess? Odds of something falling I can see as it is time related
but of killing people, that would be odd since landing in siberia would
be different then Muskogee...where did someone come up with that
anyways? I don't see how they can figure odds unless they took total
earth population, and total surface area and time between events, surely
would be easier to find a needle in a haystack than come up with any
competent and realistic odds.
Davescarednot