[meteorite-list] Courtesy and Patience

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:46 2004

--part1_65.20ee6c2c.29736d25_boundary

In a message dated 1/13/02 12:43:00 PM Central Standard Time,
wsulliva_at_ix.netcom.com writes:

> I can sense a new passion in the making and I hate to see it possibly
> squelched by attitude problems amongst the regulars here.
>
> If you can't say something thing nice, say nothing 'till such opportunity
> arises. Fondle your rocks for a while.

Nobody on this list tries to "squelch" another person's passion for
meteorites. What they do sometimes try to squelch is the attitude of an
individual who posts here stating that they HAVE found a meteorite, and then
refuses to believe (or at least even consider) the opinions expressed here by
people who have spent YEARS and in some cases DECADES studying meteorites,
and could probably identify one while blindfolded with both hands tied behind
their backs, just by smell or taste.

I've been on this list for a few years now and there has been more help doled
out here to people on how they should proceed to determine if they truly have
found a meteorite, than you can imagine. It's only those who pigheadedly
refuse to accept the truth, that occasionally receive the wrath of the list.
Mr. Mohammed is simply the latest target, who has largely brought it on
himself.

I'm going to fondle my rocks now.

--part1_65.20ee6c2c.29736d25_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>In a message dated 1/13/02 12:43:00 PM Central Standard Time, wsulliva_at_ix.netcom.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I can sense a new passion in the making and I hate to see it possibly squelched by attitude problems amongst the regulars here.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
If you can't say something thing nice, say nothing 'till such opportunity arises.&nbsp; Fondle your rocks for a while.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Nobody on this list tries to "squelch" another person's passion for meteorites.&nbsp; What they do sometimes try to squelch is the attitude of an individual who posts here stating that they HAVE found a meteorite, and then refuses to believe (or at least even consider) the opinions expressed here by people who have spent YEARS and in some cases DECADES studying meteorites, and could probably identify one while blindfolded with both hands tied behind their backs, just by smell or taste.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
I've been on this list for a few years now and there has been more help doled out here to people on how they should proceed to determine if they truly have found a meteorite, than you can imagine.&nbsp; It's only those who pigheadedly refuse to accept the truth, that occasionally receive the wrath of the list.&nbsp; Mr. Mohammed is simply the latest target, who has largely brought it on himself.<BR>
<BR>
I'm going to fondle my rocks now.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>