[meteorite-list] dare you say this is not LUNAR

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:45 2004

Hello all

I have found similar rocks in the Piave River here in
Italy....the river is full of Lunar meteorites..wow!!
Sorry but this rocks is not lunar meteorites, I have
see many photos of complete mass of lunar meteorites
and never I have see similar inclusions or matrix. s
many similar to Dolomite or common Agate.
Regards

Matteo

--- Bob King <lakewind_at_infi.net> wrote:
> Dear Mohamed,
> I am no expert in geology but the white crystalline
> material in your
> new rock looks almost identical to calcite deposits
> that we see a
> lot of here in northern Minnesota. They are often
> found in dark
> igneous rocks that look very similiar to yours.
> Someone else on
> this list with a greater knowledge of geology may
> determine they
> are something else but the point is not to jump to
> conclusions so
> quickly. Being skeptical is a mark of a good
> scientific observer.
> Check a common geology guide or search the Internet
> for 'calcite'
> and I think you'll see what I mean.
> In any event your enthusiasm is appreciated but take
> care in your
> analysis.
> Best wishes,
> Bob
>
> > Please look at the pictures of this nice
> brecciated lunar meteorite with fusion crust that I
> found today:
> >
> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/mhy10/meteor/ln1.htm
> > Also, the pictures that I showed you a while ago,
> turned out to be lunar as well (Mare Basalt), as one
> of the REAL experts in the field agreed. Testing is
> undergoing now. You can compare the pictures below
> to Asuka-881757 and Dhofar587:
> >
> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/mhy10/meteor/ln2.htm
> >
> > In a way you helped me alot by refusing whatever I
> post; this gave me more enthusiasm to look for
> undefeatable proofs.
> >
> > Regards....
> > Mohamed

=====