[meteorite-list] Re: Breccia formation

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:44 2004

Speaking of BRECCIA....

Has anyone ever seen a brecciated Gold Basin?
I mean, has anyone ever cut open a Gold Basin stone,
and found L4 breccia clasts mixed in with, say, L6
clasts?

Has anyone ever "heard" of a Gold Basin that was a
fragmental breccia of just L4 clasts? ...or L6 clasts?

Yes, yes ..I'm the one that recovered an impact-melt
breccia (L5 S5 W1, Fa23.3+/-0.2%) from a collection
of small GBs, but it's olivine grains didn't pair up
with the L4 GBs. So, the question is...

Where is the evidence for Gold Basin being a
"breccia"?

Bob V.