[meteorite-list] Our First Meteorites..The Tally

From: Rob and Colleen <iguana_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:44 2004

Hello all-

First, I would like to say "What a fun thread this was". I took a few
notes and thought I would post some results:

Number of people who replied-52
Most frequent first meteorite- Canyon Diablo 25%
Number two-Gibeon 17%
Best "first deal" - Pib Burns' 4.5 pound Campo $20. Someone else rang in
with a great deal on a discontinued
                           store piece, sorry I forgot who it was but he
made a killing.
Collector older than his meteorites- Professor Hartman :)
Youngest collector- Graham Christianson ~ 16-17 years old
Most recent collector- Mike Taliento est. 10/20/01 and Jeff K est.
10/28/01
Biggest first meteorite- Daniel Fronfield- 8Kg Gibeon
Etched iron balls award - Kevin Kichinka who spent ~$2200.00 on his
first purchase, Zagami
And finally, two knights in shining armoured chondrules, Mike and Mike
for making young Mr. Christianson's day

Again thanks to all who replied. This was a chance to level the playing
field for a spell, all equal in our enchantment. No matter what our
profession, income, collection size, habits, opinions, ideosyncracies,
differences, and reasons for collecting we realize that we are a
like-minded group. A group that looks up by night, and down by day.

--
Rob Wesel