[meteorite-list] (no subject)

From: M Yousef <diamondmeteor_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:41 2004

Dear Rob, and All;
I really thank you very much for your time in replying to my posts. I really
apreciate it.
Maybe you left me no choice to discuss and explain my points why I am
claiming it is a meteorite, but before I back off I will give it another
final try. The reason is that I am now more sure and certian it is, than you
are sure and certian it is not. Please bear with me and read this maybe long
and boring email, and I promise will not bother you after that.

For me, with my little expertise, it is very simple: those rocks are igneous
and they are NOT volcanic so they must be meteorites. By the first visit to
the region anyone can easily judge that there is no "fresh" volcano there,
and even if you want to consider the other old and weathered volcanic
mountains in the region you would certainly decide those rocks do not belong
to them at all. The rocks that I found, are all placed at the surface of
what was a sea or a river before. You can see the rock from as far as 100m
because it is so different from the surroundings. There is no volcano that
throws a few rocks and retire.
The rocks are distributed in an almost half circle of a few km's diameter.
>From the beginning I could anticipate where to find more rocks. This circle
is distinct by a rim of mountains of more than a 100m high. The rocks of
those montains all point to the centre of the circle. Some BIG stones have
been thrown away of the rim in a way not even those who built the piramids
would be able to move them. The distribution of the stones and rocks off the
rim all clearly suggest how they have been carried away by a huge explosion.
You can even calculate the shock energy with good precision by measuring the
average mass of stones in relation to their distances from the rim. There
are lots of other physical, chemical and geological evidences of a big
crater. If this was my field of study or interest I would not take so long
to decide that I have got a huge meteorite crater.
For me this is really enough, but surely I am trying to do all possible
tests to confirm that.

Now, I may agree with you; no quartz have been found in meteorites before
(this is not correct by the way, see reference bellow), no fossils could
come down with a meteor, no white meteorites, meteorites do not stick and
melt into local rocks,,,, but with all these NOs I have got a meteorite!!!
So it must be something new, and very interesting.

But now I will tell you why I was amazed how so many of you quickly gave me
a negative reply. Sorry Rob, you did not misread me, and I did not mean to
praise you for your skill in identifying meteorites. But it seems that all
those who replied may have only "practical" experience with meteorites, or
they did not take what I said or what I put in the site seriously; if they
read it at all. I dont blame though, but can anyone tell me:
* How could quartz crystals form on virtually all sides of a stone, and only
at the surface?
* How could quartz crystals form on a fossil, from all sides too?
* How did those thumprints appear on all sides of this white stone in the
gallery?
* How this white stone (must be calcium something) could be so compact and
hard that it almost scratches glass?
* Did you see the last two pictures (the inside and outside of one sample)
and how the signs of a BIG shock clearly present that a child could tell?
* You would not believe me if I say that even my little boy (three years
old, AbdulAllah, who brought me the first rock when we were on a picnic)
when he saw the iron rock that is stuck to the local rock he literally asked
me: why those two rocks are attached together?
* Did you see the fusion crust in some samples?
* I told you that most of the rocks are magnetic and very compact.
SO WHAT ON EARTH YOU NEED MORE THAN THAT TO AT LEAST CALSSIFY THESE AS
METEOWRONGS to give them little attention and study?

If anything of what I said above appeals to you, I would welcome any help
and would be happy to provide samples for serious scientists and researchers
in order to identify this METEORITE and to solve the fossil(s) riddle.

Finally, please forgive me if I got little angry, but I got some bad replies
that I do not deserve. However I repeat my thanks and appreciation to those
who spent time to write good, though negative, replies.

Regards

Mohamed

              Detection of quartz in chondrites
Authors: Semenenko, V. P.; Melnikov, V. S.
Affiliation: AB(Akademiia Nauk Ukrainskoi SSR, Institut Geokhimii i Fiziki
Mineralov, Kiev, Ukrainian SSR)
Journal: In: Space environment and the earth. (A78-38378 16-91) Kiev,
Izdatel'stvo Naukova Dumka, 1977, p. 96-100. In Russian.