[meteorite-list] My First Piece

From: Stephen Edward Smith <vickie-steve-smith_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:40 2004

Hi List,
    It's funny the different ways we've all become involved in meteorites. I received my first two stones for Christmas in 1995. I had been
interested in astronomy for quite a while, and my son thought a couple of meteorites would make a nice gift that matched my hobby. He got me a
47 gr. Gibeon slice and a .10 gr. Murchison fragment. These stones were so fascinating to me, I've been collecting ever since.
    I really enjoy sharing my collection. I give talks at astronomy "star parties" and have been a guest lecturer at two local colleges (I'm
trying to generate interest at the schools). I have been lucky enough to acquire enough inexpensive NWA meteorites that I can afford to give a
lot of them away to professors, young folks and students.
    Thanks, Steve Smith