[meteorite-list] My First Piece

From: Mike Taliento <mike40_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:40 2004

My collection dates WAY BACK to Oct.20 of last year :-). I spent alot of
time in the yard with my 6 yr old daughter and my little telescope and she
has found a place in her heart for a clear night sky. I had subscribed to
this list along with several astronomy lists when I got the scope and had
read some of the postings but never took the plunge and bought one.

  When Michelles 7th birthday rolled around i wanted to get her a small
"special" gift that wasn't a toy or a dress but represented the hours bent
over an eyepiece looking at the moon and planets. Nothing could be more
perfect than a meteorite, something that was really up there!

  So I got an unclassified unnamed individual from Mark Bostick. My kid was
the first on the block to have a space rock!. It's a darned pretty stone
too, great metal, nice color, nice crust too. But it infected me. I now
have 21 micromounts here, with 13 more on the way. Once I have a well
rounded set of the various types I'll "upgrade". Assuming a well rounded
budget of course.

   I recently found a dutch auction for little Gibeon fragments (15 pcs) so
the rest of the kids on the block now have a space rock too. Think their
parents will catch it too?

  I enjoyed reading your stories, CYA next auction....Mike