[meteorite-list] Zagora "CR2" & "NWA 801"

From: Michael Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:10 2004

Bob, are you suggesting that every singe stone needs to be tested
individualy? The CR2 is about the easiest meteorite to recognize, when I go
there and buy them all from one man, in a batch who shows me where he found
them all, and they are clearly all CR2 pieces, I assume that they are the
same and sell them as such. If you want each stone individually tested, then
I need to know where to send the 3000 or so Gao pieces I have and ~500
Canyon Diablos to get them all confirmed.
I admit that many chondrites can be a problem, but in something as distinct
as the CR2 NWA 801 and the other #s already assigned, it seems to be a
massive waste of time and resourses to duplicate data that is clear in a
hand specimen.
Mike Farmer