[meteorite-list] Re: Eagle Butte - "Dr." Schimpf and the Royal Tyrell Museum

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:08 2004

Hello all

Thanks to all you for the support that you have given
to me for this thing, when it is right that a person
comes " punished " why has to offend a person
uselessly that it asked information. Ebay has answered
to me and it has said me that they cannot make null,
but council to all to send an email to this person in
order to inform that it stops it to sell slags from
fusion, the address is this " Keith & Tammy Crawford "
< tlcasap_at_telusplanet.net >
Regards

Matteo

--- Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_lib.state.hi.us> wrote:
> That's an absolutely LOVELY letter. Short and to
> the point. I'd
> seriously consider sending a copy to
> Ebay/SafeHarbor. They probably won't
> do anything about it, but it would be another link
> in the chain of
> evidence against this yoyo.
>
> I just received my piece of the "Eagle Butte
> Meteorite" yesterday. By
> casual inspection, it looks like a piece of slag
> that had formed as a
> crust, then broken loose, almost rectangular and
> roughly the size or a
> pack of matches. Along the broken edges are small
> crystalline structures.
> I've never had the heart or enough samples of a
> metallic meteorite to
> fracture or smack one with a hammer; if you whacked
> a Sikhote hard enough
> to break it in one shot, would it show any type of
> crystal structure along
> the broken edge?
>
> Other than that, I'm pretty sure Eagle Butte
> (Button; I think I'm going to
> call it that from now on, thanks Matteo :-) is a
> bust.
>
> Tracy Latimer

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato