[meteorite-list] Science Fair Project

From: Tettenborn <tett_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:07 2004

Dear List,

My name is Alex Tettenborn and I am doing a Grade 7 science fair project on
the possibility of meteorites contributing to the development of life on
earth. I plan to place algae and plant seeds in water with crushed
Murchison meteorite, and observe rate of growth compared to the control
samples (distilled water and crushed pumice). I got this idea from the
latest Meteorite magazine. I think that the Murchison meteorite will
enhance the growth of both the plants and algae because many essential
nutrients and organic molecules have been found in carbonaceous chondrites.

I would like your opinion on my experiment and my hypothesis and any other
observations on Murchison meteorites and other carbonaceous chondrites.

I would also like to thank Russ from the New England Meteorological Services
for the generous donation of Murchison meteorite crumbs.

Alex Tettenborn