[meteorite-list] Meteorite export law

From: Graham Christensen <majorvoltage_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:07 2004

Hello meteorite list and astro list,
I just finished writing an E-mail to my MP about the law banning the
exportation of meteorites from Canada. I urge all of you who are Canadian to
do so also. The problem is that because it is illegal to sell meteorites
found in Canada, there is no incentive for people to search. As a result,
meteorites are left to weather in the harsh Canadian climate instead of
being sold and studied. I am sure that most meteorite dealers would donate a
small portion of any meteorite they find to a local university or scientific
institution. For more information you can go to this site that I found:
http://www.canadian-meteorites.com/file5.htm

Please write to your MP. The study of meteorites is important because it can
tell us about the formation of the solar system and even the origins of life
on earth.

Graham Christensen
majorvoltage_at_hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/aerolitehunter