[meteorite-list] Tagish Lake and Kaidun

From: Graham Christensen <majorvoltage_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:06 2004

Here is some info on the Revelstoke meteorite in BC, Canada:
http://tabla.geo.ucalgary.ca/cdnmeteorites/meteorite/revelstoke.html

I have heard of a few meteorites being found on snow in Canada, for example:
Bruderheim and Innisfree (MORP network recovery). Apperently, many
meteorites fall through the snow, bounce off the ground and come to rest
back on the surface of the snow but in the case of dust I imagine it would
just sprinkle onto the surface. This gives Canada some advantage because as
they say here there are 4 seasons: Winter, almost winter, just past winter
and the rainy season. :)

Graham Christensen
majorvoltage_at_hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/aerolitehunter