[meteorite-list] Help with possible meteorite

From: WaveMaster516_at_aol.com <WaveMaster516_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:06 2004

Hello. I think I may have found a meteorite. Or I could have found locomotive
clinker. It looks like a meteorite and acts like a meteorite (magnetic).
However, it could be a meteorwrong. I looked at some possible meteorwrongs
and only one seems to fit my rock: locomotive clinker. If you don't know what
it is, it si a chuck of melted iron spewd out of an old locomotive train. I
am considering cutting it to find out what it really is. Does locomotive
clinker, or any other meteorwrong look like a meteor when you cut it or do
you need chemical tests to find out?
       If it really is a meteorite, I won't sell it, but if it isn't then
I'll just be proud of my clinker.

Heads up,
       Derek