[meteorite-list] Licked? Hot Desert Meteorites

From: SSachs9056_at_aol.com <SSachs9056_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:05 2004

Hmmm, licked might have been a bit too much. But then didn't some of the
natives from the area where the (Mbale?) meteorite was found...actually eat
some of the meteorites as a cure for Aids?

And how many of us---come on show your hands---ever sniffed a
Murchison---especially after Haag described in his catalog, a specimen that:
"had been sealed in a jar for ten years, and when I opened it, the smell of
alcohol and ether almost put me under."? Kinky..... ;-)

Best and smiles to you all,

Steven L. Sachs