[meteorite-list] Holbrook Report & The Lucky Hat

From: Dave Andrews <dandre10_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:04 2004

Hi Folks!
Rob Elliott here using Dave Andrew's email account in Holbrook, Arizona.

Myself, Dave and Greg(ORY) Wilson made our annual pilgrimage to the
Holbrook strewnfield for a few days of meteorite hunting, pool playing
and serious beer drinking again this year. I'll spare you the gory
details about the pool and beer, and just say that all three of us had
some success out in the strewnfield with multiple finds made on Day 2
and Day 3 of the hunt. Gregory had to leave early on Day 3, but had 2
nicely fusion crusted Holbrook pieces to his name, while Dave and I went
on to gather a few more fusion crusted individuals today.
We met Twink Monrad and Prof. Jim Kreigh in the strewnfield on our first
day as we were piling out of Dave's truck and about to start hunting.
Twink and Jim had been searching all day while we were all driving into
town from Tucson, and already had several finds to their name, including
a hefty 14+g Holbrook piece that Jim had found in the sage
brush......pretty large by today's standards!!
All in all, we three found 18 Holbrook fragments and individuals over 3
days of searching.
Gregory's Lucky Hat might look like one of the stage props from The
Beverly Hillbillies (and completely ridiculous), but it worked it's
magic yet again!!
Pictures of The Lucky Hat may follow if we can get Gregory's
permission.....Nah!, we'll post it anyway! :-)

Cheers,
Rob Elliott , Dave Andrews and Gregory "Don't Call Me Greg" Wilson.