[meteorite-list] Report of Meteor in Widnes, Cheshire, England night of 8-9 February 2002

From: phil.johnson_at_ineoschlor.com <phil.johnson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:04 2004

Dear Sir,

Just a quick e-mail to report a meteor that appeared to burn up over Widnes
on Friday night, Saturday morning. We were travelling towards Widnes from
Liverpool (travelling east) and something large with a green tail appeared
in the sky above us and then disappeared in a green flash. It appeared to
come from behind us so we only saw it for about three seconds in the car
windscreen. A friend of ours happened to be looking out of the bedroom
window in Runcorn (very close to Widnes on the other side of the River
Mersey) and saw the same thing. The fact that she saw it as well would
suggest to me that it was at least several hundred feet off the ground.
There has been nothing reported in the local press so I can only assume it
did not reach the ground.
Best regards,

Phil & Sian Johnson
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the
sender.