[meteorite-list] New York Times Correction

From: MacovichCo_at_aol.com <MacovichCo_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:04 2004

There is a short article in The New York Times that reviews the recent
Willamette meteorite saga.

In the article it refers to the Macovich Collection as the largest private
collection of meteorites in the world.

Of course, this is not accurate, and upon seeing the story on NYTIMES.COM a
short while ago, I immediately advised the reporter/writer of the same.
(While the Macovich Collection is the preeminent collection of aesthetic
irons, there are several private collections that are much larger in overall
scope...value...etc.)

The reporter, Ken Chang, who has been researching the story over the past two
days, just indicated to me via email that there were extensive edits made to
the piece.