[meteorite-list] More on CAIs

From: S.Singletary <jumper_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:04 2004

Just a follow up to Bernd's post,

I've been reading a lot on CAI's lately so this discussion is great, keep
it going.
Have a look at:
Hsu, W., et al., 2000, High Time resolution by use of the 26Al chronometer
in the multistage formation of a CAI
Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 182, p.15-29.

They are indeed complicated little beasties.

At 02:22 PM 2/11/2002 +0100, Bernd Pauli HD wrote:
>SRINIVASAN G. et al. (2001) Ca-K and Al-Mg studies of CIAs
>from CH and CR chondrites (MAPS 36-9, 2001, A196, excerpt):
>
>The CAIs from CR chondrites both with grossite and those with melilite
>and hibonite have uniform 26Al abundance suggesting that they formed
>within a narrow interval of time from the same reservoir.
>

>Cheers,
>
>Bernd

Steven Singletary
54-1224
Dept. Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences
M.I.T.
Cambridge, MA 02139
Tel - 617.253.6398
Fax - 617.253.7102