[meteorite-list] Tucson Sale

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:03 2004

I lost some emails so if anybody sent me an email to buy stuff over the last
couple days please email me again.
I set up a bit late in tucson and missed the first two days but I have
managed to sell 450 kilos of meteorites in tucson so I guess that I have had
a good show. I had 414 kilos of meteorites shipped directly from morocco
that I bought when I was there last month. People searched over them at 20
cents to $1.25 a gram depending on crust. 3 people showed me likely LL3s
that they found in my pile. Two peoplw is claiming that they found a
ureilite but I havent seen the stones. Another dealer from france pulled out
a over half kilo CO3 from my pile to that he paid 50 cents a gram for. I
have had a lot of dealers buying stuff from my pile of meteorites this show.
I have been pretty busy all show. One guy on a trilobite mailing list
complained that he checked my room and it was always to busy to look through
it (Yahoo newsgroup "Trilobites"). I usually get the nomads coming to me in
erfoud right after a sahara search trip and my stuff is typically not as
picked over as much as most of the moroccan stuff that you see on the market
at source in morocco. I go through a couple hundred kilos of meteorites a
month so I dont have time to pick them over myself either.
Tomorrow or thursday I plan to pack up and go sipping margaratas in mexico
with Mark (Thebigcollector) for a week before going back to canada.
I would prefer to sell things now than to pack them and ship back to canada
so here are some deals for those who couldent make it to tucson. I will pay
postage within the USA for over $100 orders. Paypal preferred and I will
ship from tucson.
Loose NWA material $200 a kilo
Gold Basin 50 cents a gram
NWA267 H4. Small weathered fragments $150 a kilo
NWA869 L4. Possibly the largest and one of the nicest falls to come out of
the sahara $250 a kilo (One time offer - this is $300 a kilo normally)
More CR2 $23.50 a gram
Meteorites with over 50% nice crust $750 a kilo.
Opal from Peru $85 a kilo
Chancay Artifact (Peru 900 - 1400AD) whorles with pin still attached $30
82 gram etched cape york $195 (One only available)
Green river fish $8 each
Chinese fish (Jainchanichthys) 3 sizes $7, $12 and $15 sizes.
I might be leaving tomorrow so let me know if any of this interests you as
soon as you can
Cheers
DEAN